12 December 2011

Does this one... BUG you?

Oh no! They're making an escape!
... and now that I've lost half of my readers due to such a terrible pun, I shall attempt to bring you all back with descriptors of imaginative displays of food.

We have today one specimen jar, filled with three Coccinella magnifica - more commonly known as Ladybugs. We have included in the jar a sample of Lactuca sativa so they may ingest it.  This specific variety is called Romaine Lettuce.

Closed Specimen Jar
Ok - all that biology is giving me a headache. Enough of that - here's what you're really here for, what the little buggers are made of. They're grape tomatoes marked up with nori, arranged ever so carefully for that scientific flair. The inspiration for this lunch really came out of the jar, so to speak.  It just looked so... Victorian Old-Timey Field Sciencey to me that I just couldn't help but fill it with something inspiried by nature. It's a really nifty old canning jar - it was once filled with jam, I believe, or perhaps pâté...

I really like how this little side dish turned out... too bad the other two made for the Science Flair lunch (yes, I spelled that correctly)... didn't really, er...  turn out as well as I had hoped.  I'll tell you all about them in the next post... T_T

Best Dishes to you!
~Lollidorable, your Cute Lunch Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment